You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Migration problems

I followed the directions for migration via Wi-Fi, that I found on UTube, and it started the migration as expected. Then it froze. I hit quit on both Macs. The transfer Mac went back to normal operation on High Sierra, version 10.13.6, but the new Mack went to a black screen. I turned it off, and then back on, and it started with the apple logo and status bar. Once the status bar showed it was completed and the startup file should have started, it froze. I tried it once more, but it did the same thing.

How can I get my new Mac back on line?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 4:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 5:06 PM

You have a lot less issues and much faster if you use a cable to transfer; this may require an adapter.

Set up your new Mac - Apple Support

You can reinstall the macOS as new from Recovery: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204904

and try again on the initial boot up.

1 reply

Migration problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.