You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I cant reinstall mac os

I recently did a clean wipe of the drive and it wont let me reinstall the mac os. It takes me to the internet recovery and tries to get me to install mac os lion. As soon as the online install starts the time remaining jumps into the negative and after a second it says can't download the additional components needed to install mac os X.

I have been up all night searching the internet for answers. I have fast internet and have even changed the connection three times. The issue isn't the internet speed the installer doesn't try to download the os it fails a second or two after clicking the install button. I have checked the disk none of them are in need of repairs.

The install just instantly fails the second it tries to download it a direct connection to the internet has not helped either both times they fail almost instantly.

MacBook Air 13", OS X 10.11

Posted on Dec 14, 2019 7:06 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

I cant reinstall mac os

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.