You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong Apple ID in Apple Music

I have a family subscription to Apple Music and Family Sharing activated.

On my phone in the Apple Music app, when I click on For You, in the top right it shows my daughters Apple ID rather than mine. Why is this when I’m the master account holder? I think it is mucking up the music on my phone as I get all her music.

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:34 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2019 1:57 PM

I’m logged in under my ID. I just realised if I’d displaying a profile not an ID so have managed to change it.

My other issue is that I’m getting all my daughter’s and wife’s music and playlists on my phone. I think it might be because I used my ID to set up Apple Music and Family sharing. But now if I change it I think they will lose all the playlists they’ve set up!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 10, 2019 1:57 PM in response to RachT1

I’m logged in under my ID. I just realised if I’d displaying a profile not an ID so have managed to change it.

My other issue is that I’m getting all my daughter’s and wife’s music and playlists on my phone. I think it might be because I used my ID to set up Apple Music and Family sharing. But now if I change it I think they will lose all the playlists they’ve set up!

Wrong Apple ID in Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.