You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore the Reminders app?

I was not getting notifications from the Reminders app. I tried several suggestions for fixing the app, but they didn’t work. So I deleted it. I thought if I could restore it or reinstall it it might work properly but I see no way to restore it or reinstall it. iPhone X, iOS 13.2.3. How can I restore the app?

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 6:26 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 11, 2019 1:57 PM

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Keezl!

I understand you wanted to reinstall the Reminders app. I'd be happy to show you how to do this.

Have a look at the steps here: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

"Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Have a great day!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 11, 2019 1:57 PM in response to Keezl

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities, Keezl!

I understand you wanted to reinstall the Reminders app. I'd be happy to show you how to do this.

Have a look at the steps here: Delete built-in Apple apps on your iOS 12, iOS 13, or iPadOS device or Apple Watch

"Restore a built-in app that you deleted

1. On your iOS or iPadOS device, go to the App Store.
  2. Search for the app. Make sure that you use the exact name of the app. Find the correct name of built-in apps.
  3. Tap  to restore the app.
  4. Wait for the app to restore, then open it from your Home screen.

If you have an Apple Watch, restoring an app to your iPhone also restores that app to your Apple Watch."

Have a great day!

Dec 11, 2019 4:52 PM in response to rose_10

Thank you, sarah_s1. This worked. After I downloaded it and opened it, it shows all my previous reminders; I guessed that I might have to enter them again. Now to see it works. (I've seen lots of messages about bugs in the Reminders app and incompatibility with earlier versions.)

In case this helps anyone else: Part of the problem I had was finding the app. I saw some reminder apps that were not developed by Apple. At first I didn't see the Apple iPhone app that I was looking for--but it's there. Kind of plain vanilla looking; see below.

How can I restore the Reminders app?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.