You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

downloads folder

If I delete files from the download folder will it delete the files that are saved elsewhere?

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 9:30 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2019 9:53 AM

TSIAlhambra wrote:

If I delete files from the download folder will it delete the files that are saved elsewhere?

No.

Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

The only correlation I can think of is if you create an alias of a folder— which is just a mirror image of the original folder. Therefore if you have created an alias of your Download folder, then any action would involve both the original and the alias.

Create and remove aliases on Mac - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 8, 2019 9:53 AM in response to TSIAlhambra

TSIAlhambra wrote:

No.

Delete files and folders on Mac - Apple Support

The only correlation I can think of is if you create an alias of a folder— which is just a mirror image of the original folder. Therefore if you have created an alias of your Download folder, then any action would involve both the original and the alias.

Create and remove aliases on Mac - Apple Support

downloads folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.