You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Resize setting OFF, but Pages still resizes table when new row added.

When adding a new row to a table in Pages (using the = button at the end of the table for example), instead of the table increasing in height by the new row (or rows), the previous rows shrink to fit the new row(s) in the same space.

Note: "Resize rows to fit cell contents" is unchecked in the table properties/settings.

Anyone else seeing this?

MacOS Pages version 8.2.1 (6529)

Thanks,

Steve

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.15

Posted on Dec 5, 2019 12:50 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2019 12:50 PM

After looking at this more, I think I found what needs to change. Counter to what's been put in other posts as a solution to this issue, I've found that checking "Resize rows to fit cell contents" appends the new row and grows the table without squishing existing rows together.

It would seem (to me at least) no matter how this parameter is set, it should not affect the size of the table, but only affect the individual cell rows in order to fit their contents (height-wise).

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Dec 6, 2019 12:50 PM in response to McSteve

After looking at this more, I think I found what needs to change. Counter to what's been put in other posts as a solution to this issue, I've found that checking "Resize rows to fit cell contents" appends the new row and grows the table without squishing existing rows together.

It would seem (to me at least) no matter how this parameter is set, it should not affect the size of the table, but only affect the individual cell rows in order to fit their contents (height-wise).

Resize setting OFF, but Pages still resizes table when new row added.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.