You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Midi Playback

when I record a midi sound from from midi controller it plays back on my midi device. How do I get the audio to playback on my Mac?

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Dec 3, 2019 5:47 PM

You are recording and playing back a MIDI track. It's working exactly like it's supposed to, MIDI is not sound.... you have to route the Audio outputs of your synthesizer into the audio inputs of the computer, (or audio interface). Then your audio from the synthesizer will appear in Logic.

11 replies

Dec 3, 2019 3:55 PM in response to SupremeAhaBes

I feel like I'm really close to being able to hear what I record on Logic. It's just weird because Logic reads what I play on my keyboard, but just plays it back on the keyboard since the keyboard has speakers. I can play sounds from the Logic library on my keyboard and record them. I've messed around with a ton of options and still no luck.

Midi Playback

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.