You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do you sync voice memos from iPad iOS 13 to MacBook Air running Catalina? thanks.

Update iPad to iOS 13 and MacBook Air to Catalina and now unable to sync voice memos from iPad to computer. voice memos is not an option to select. thanks for any help. I have about 20 to sync so prefer something via usb. thanks!

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 28, 2019 6:41 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 29, 2019 8:24 AM

Hello,

Without using iCloud then you will need to manually export each recording from Voice Memos on iPad and AirDrop them to your Mac. With the recording selected tap the action button (square button with upward facing arrow) > Tap your Mac under AirDrop.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 29, 2019 8:24 AM in response to Moisee

Hello,

Without using iCloud then you will need to manually export each recording from Voice Memos on iPad and AirDrop them to your Mac. With the recording selected tap the action button (square button with upward facing arrow) > Tap your Mac under AirDrop.

How to use AirDrop on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Nov 29, 2019 8:21 AM in response to QuickPost

thanks so much for fast reply.really appreciate it.

not sure I understand your reply.

More background: After the iPad updated to iOS 13, it was no longer compatible w the Mac [Mohave]. So I could no longer connect iPad to Mac without updating Mac to Catalina. and could no longer process my voice memos in my customary manner. as interim backup, I set up iCloud backup. but could not figure out how to get them from iCloud to Mac. and figured I could wait until Mac updated to Catalina. well, it Took me last 4 weeks to update Mac to Catalina [bec I had apps that I believed I needed to first update to 64bit, blah blah]. I prefer not to have iCloud as backup. it was just a temporary work around. And i want to go back to my Mac and my external hard drives as backups; also, I want to have the voice memos from iPad onto my Mac [where I can then transcribe/process/use/ etc them]. do you think this is doable?

so maybe my question is how do I get the voice memos from the iPad to the Mac without using iCloud ? they are not listed [in Finder?] as something to select when I plug iPad into Mac. many thanks for your help with this! Really appreciate your patience.

Dec 2, 2019 3:57 PM in response to QuickPost

2019 12 02 Thanks so much! This worked [after I worked on some settings; firewall and some other things I've already forgotten].

I have this sense that pre-iOS13 and pre-Catalina, each recording just magically appeared on my Mac, and in a folder labeled Voice Memos? Now, it's a fun mystery to find them and corral them somewhere. so I guess they REALLY want me to get with it and go iCloud amongst all devices. Not workable with only 90% reliable internet. Thanks again!!!

how do you sync voice memos from iPad iOS 13 to MacBook Air running Catalina? thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.