You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

languages input switch problem

I am using Catalina 10.15.1 on MacBook Pro 15. The computer was set to switch between Chinese and English using shortcut "Command + Space". However, the shortcut sometimes works, sometimes not. When I press "Command + Space", I can see on the screen that it is changing, but the actual word I typed remained the same language.

MacBook Pro 15”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 27, 2019 11:06 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Nov 27, 2019 11:09 PM in response to Tom Gewecke

I tried using the cursor to switch the flags on top right of the screen, and also tried Caps Lock. Sometimes they work, sometimes not - the input sticks to English.

Currently my solution is to switch to a different application and then switch back, and then it works. For example, if I am writing something in WeChat (or facebook messenger), and it sticks to English; I will open MS Word or mac Notes, and the language switch will work there, and then I switch back to WeChat (or facebook messenger), and I can switch the language. But this is really a lot of hassle. I really want to switch by using "Command + Space". I have used this shortcut for many years without any problem until I recently upgraded to Catalina. Not sure if this is related to the OS upgrade.

Thank you very much Tom!

languages input switch problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.