You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus high battery drain since updating to iOS

Anyone had an issue with intense battery drain since updating to IOS 13.X.X My iPhone 6s Plus is losing 1% every 2 minutes.

Was working perfect prior to updating. Battery health is 100%. Phone is reset to factory with no apps installed and is still draining high.

Cheers community.

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Nov 23, 2019 10:13 PM

2 replies

Nov 26, 2019 4:13 PM in response to CRWDOG

Hey there, CRWDOG,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities about your iPhone battery. If I understand, after updating to iOS 13 you've noticed the battery of your iPhone 6s Plus seems to drop much quicker than expected. I'd be happy to help!

There are a lot of factors that go into your battery life and performance. Updating the iOS software, especially moving from one version family to the next (like moving from iOS 12 to iOS 13), the phone will take some time to adjust to new features and settings introduced with that update. During that time, you may experience unexpected changes in the way your battery lasts or charges. 

This should only last a short time, though, and if it persist longer than a couple of days, you can check out the information outlined in the Apple Support article iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support to get more information on the battery, its capacity, and performance. You can also use About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support and Charge and monitor the iPhone battery - Apple Support for more help managing your battery life and performance.

Cheers.

Nov 28, 2019 1:56 AM in response to chuck_3rd

Thanks Austin for your information. It’s an interesting one. I’m one for letting the new updates settle as a just in case but this one has dragged on too long.

One iPhone 6s Plus in our house transitioned flawlessly to iOS 13.X the other picked up this high drain.

I’ve read many forums and to no avail. Factory reset the phone to standard. Etc etc. Batt health reports 100% and “normal” performance.

We’ve gone and bought a new phone 🙄 as having to charge this existing one 3 times a day is tedious and unreliable.

Thanks for your input much appreciated.

iPhone 6s Plus high battery drain since updating to iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.