You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

once the spinning globe comes on and wifi it doesnt do anything and a triangle with an exclamation mark is in the middle of globe on the bottoms it reads (apple.com/support-2002F)

What can I do to make my macbook pro to work again? I've heard it's a software issue and Geek squad want to charge me 200 just to look at it they say maybe they can't fix it.

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 10:31 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 19, 2019 1:44 PM

Globe with alert symbol

You might see a globe with an exclamation point when your Mac is unsuccessfully attempting to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. Your Mac might not be able to connect to the Internet, or it might be using a network configuration that doesn't work with macOS Recovery. Try these solutions:

• Use Command-R at startup to attempt to use the built-in macOS Recovery system instead of macOS Recovery over the Internet.
  • Connect to the Internet using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
  • Connect to the Internet from a different network.
  • Try again later, because the issue might be temporary.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 19, 2019 1:44 PM in response to Rudy0313

Globe with alert symbol

You might see a globe with an exclamation point when your Mac is unsuccessfully attempting to start up from macOS Recovery over the Internet. Your Mac might not be able to connect to the Internet, or it might be using a network configuration that doesn't work with macOS Recovery. Try these solutions:

• Use Command-R at startup to attempt to use the built-in macOS Recovery system instead of macOS Recovery over the Internet.
  • Connect to the Internet using Ethernet instead of Wi-Fi, or vice versa.
  • Connect to the Internet from a different network.
  • Try again later, because the issue might be temporary.

once the spinning globe comes on and wifi it doesnt do anything and a triangle with an exclamation mark is in the middle of globe on the bottoms it reads (apple.com/support-2002F)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.