You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updated OS to Catalina - Photos Library cannot load and cannot add from Dropbox

Updated OS to catalina and my Photo Library disappears - inaccessible (3146) - try adding or selecting a new location off disk and get a Photos Crash / needs to close message...cannot access photos in iCloud or anywhere else.

Mac mini, macOS 10.15

Posted on Nov 18, 2019 9:22 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Nov 21, 2019 9:29 AM in response to JimmyCrackCorns

Hello, JimmyCrackCorns.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that after updating to macOS Catalina, you're unable to access your photo library in the Photos app or iCloud due to an error message.

If you haven't already, try using the Photos library repair tool on your Mac:

How to use the Photos library repair tool - Apple Support

If you have any available updates for Catalina or the Photos app, I recommend installing those as well: How to update the software on your Mac - Apple Support

You can find additional tips, including how to back up your library, here: Get help with the Photos app on your Mac - Apple Support

Let us know if this helps! Take care.

Dec 2, 2019 11:34 AM in response to i_rina

This did not resolve the issue. Library Repair tool doesn't show up. I reinstalled the OS and it does the same thing. I have even pulled huge loads of photos off my devices and dropped them onto Dropbox to clear storage and get them off local machines that I have zero use for photos 10 years old. At any rate, I cannot access the Photo Library, and that is just a host of other problems from Catalina - see my recent posts.

Updated OS to Catalina - Photos Library cannot load and cannot add from Dropbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.