You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple tv content: free for one year?

Will someone please explain the terms to apple tv content? I just bought apple tv and was told it came with one year free subscription. Each time I click on a show, I required to purchase. Thanks in advance!

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 12:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 11, 2019 3:06 PM

You have to sign up for the Apple TV+ service to be able to access it.

The free year subscription is for Apple TV+ content (note the plus, which differentiates it from other ‘Apple TV’ products).

The Apple TV+ service has select original content now, collectively called ‘Apple Originals’.

The Apple TV+ subscription does not give access to iTunes Store content (other movies and TV shows for buy and rent).

The Apple TV+ subscription does not give access to other Apple TV app Channels. In fact, Apple TV+ is presented in the Apple TV app as one of the Channels.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 11, 2019 3:06 PM in response to mathilda_b

You have to sign up for the Apple TV+ service to be able to access it.

The free year subscription is for Apple TV+ content (note the plus, which differentiates it from other ‘Apple TV’ products).

The Apple TV+ service has select original content now, collectively called ‘Apple Originals’.

The Apple TV+ subscription does not give access to iTunes Store content (other movies and TV shows for buy and rent).

The Apple TV+ subscription does not give access to other Apple TV app Channels. In fact, Apple TV+ is presented in the Apple TV app as one of the Channels.

apple tv content: free for one year?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.