You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing issues

I have contacts on my laptop using Microsoft Outlook and I am trying to sync to my iPhone 8 using iTunes on my laptop. (I don’t use iCloud).

When I go to sync my contexts for some reason they don’t sync to my iPhone. Any ideas on why?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Nov 9, 2019 9:56 AM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2019 12:28 PM in response to squill

Hello squill,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like you're having trouble syncing your contacts to your iPhone. I'd be happy to provide information that may help you troubleshoot this.

1. First, back up your iPhone and Outlook data.

2. Make sure the iOS version on your iPhone is up to date.

3. Apply all Windows updates.

4. Check Outlook compatibility:

• Microsoft Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, or 2016. Check the version of Outlook.
  • Outlook must be locally installed, not Click-to-Run. If you use Click-to-Run, switch to a local installation.
  • Outlook data must also be stored locally on your computer and in an unencrypted Unicode PST file.

5. Reset iTunes sync history

• Open iTunes.
  • From the menu bar at the top of the iTunes window, choose Edit > Preferences.
  • Select the Devices tab.
  • Click the Reset Sync History button.
  • Try to sync again.

I hope that helps. Take care.

Syncing issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.