You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

delete iCloud back up

The information I have on my iPhone, (contacts, calendar and notes) is copied on my Mac and iPad Pro. Recently I needed to replace my iPhone battery so I backed up the iPhone to the cloud. If I now delete the back up from the cloud will it interfere with information on my devices?

iPhone 6s

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 12:55 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 2, 2019 1:00 PM

Deleting an iCloud Backup of an iPhone will not delete data from any devices (including the iPhone).

Also note that Contacts, Calendar and Notes are typically synced to iCloud via the options in Settings > [username] > iCloud and if they are synced to iCloud they are not also included in an iCloud Backup. See below from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos3, shared photos, iCloud Photos, Health data, call history4, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

And be aware that any change (including deletions) that you make to synced data on any device or on iCloud is synced to all of the devices where that syncing option is on and to iCloud.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Nov 2, 2019 1:00 PM in response to CJ51

Deleting an iCloud Backup of an iPhone will not delete data from any devices (including the iPhone).

Also note that Contacts, Calendar and Notes are typically synced to iCloud via the options in Settings > [username] > iCloud and if they are synced to iCloud they are not also included in an iCloud Backup. See below from What does iCloud back up? - Apple Support

Your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch backup only include information and settings stored on your device. It doesn’t include information already stored in iCloud, like Contacts, Calendars, Bookmarks, Mail, Notes, Voice Memos3, shared photos, iCloud Photos, Health data, call history4, and files you store in iCloud Drive.

And be aware that any change (including deletions) that you make to synced data on any device or on iCloud is synced to all of the devices where that syncing option is on and to iCloud.

delete iCloud back up

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.