You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issue with Keyboard After Update to macOS Catalina

Hi! Since I've updated to macOS Catalina (on my MacBook Pro 2018), I started to have the following problem: from time to time, my keyboard just stops working normally. The Mac just doesn't register some pressings of the buttons or, at times, it doesn't register any, so the keyboard doesn't work completely. The thing I found that helps is to close all apps. Reboot on the other help doesn't help. Also, I didn't find any particular apps that might cause this issue.

So yeah, this is it. It sucks. Please let me know if you have any ideas how to fix this issue permanently.

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 11:03 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 4, 2019 11:01 AM

These steps are being suggested for all issues that happen with Macs, so I didn't really believe in it. But surprisingly it worked! My keyboard works perfectly for 5 straight days. Awesome! If anyone have an issue like mine, do what's written above.

Similar questions

3 replies

Issue with Keyboard After Update to macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.