You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copy/paste of attachment to new mail message in iOS13

Hi,

in iOS 12 I was able to copy an attached file from any e-mail message and paste it to another new -mail message. In iOS 13 I'm able to copy the file, but there is no place of how to paste it in new message.

Is it a bug or am I doing something wrong? I cannot do that in default Mail.app and also in GMail app.

Thanks,

Jakub

iPhone X

Posted on Oct 29, 2019 7:48 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Nov 10, 2019 2:50 AM

Hi,

the problem has been solved in the latest iOS update13.2.2.

Before I was able to copy the file, however, when I wanted to past it into a new message, the "Paste" button wasn't there. Now it is.

Thanks,

Jakub

2 replies

Nov 3, 2019 8:22 PM in response to jakudo

Hey jakudo,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're running into an issue when trying to copy/paste attachments within Mail. I definitely want to make sure you're able to copy and paste smoothly.

To help us get you pointed toward a resolution, I do have a couple of questions. Would you mind answering the following?

You mentioned you're able to copy the attachment without issue, so that's great. When you go to paste it, what happens? If you open a new email, and press and hold does the menu appear with options like select/select all and the option to paste isn't there, or are you not seeing that menu at all?

Does this behavior only happen in Mail? Are you able to copy and paste within other apps without issue?

What model iPhone and iOS version are you working with? You can find the iOS version in Settings > General > About.

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Copy/paste of attachment to new mail message in iOS13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.