You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What software do I need to perform audio cassettes to cd or memory stick on my MacBook Air?

I have a number of cassette tape with voices from my past that I hope to digitise, edit and transfer to CD or Memory stick. I have done some research on the web but all software suggestions are not available to download on my Macbook Air. Any suggestions of any software I can use on a Mac? Thanks.

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 2:36 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 16, 2019 6:26 AM

We're missing two key bits of information which would make this easier.

1) Your exact model computer (including year).

2) The operating system version you are using.

You'll need to be able to connect the player to your MacBook Air. What you need exactly will depend upon the model. I have an older computer and I bought a $8 dongle with two sockets for audio in and headphones that plugs into a USB port. It takes the analog signal from my player and digitizes it.

You then need software. Any recording software will do. iTunes or Apple Music app do not have this functionality. Audacity is free and very good, but a bit confusing at first since it has so many features.

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 16, 2019 6:26 AM in response to PeterB1949

We're missing two key bits of information which would make this easier.

1) Your exact model computer (including year).

2) The operating system version you are using.

You'll need to be able to connect the player to your MacBook Air. What you need exactly will depend upon the model. I have an older computer and I bought a $8 dongle with two sockets for audio in and headphones that plugs into a USB port. It takes the analog signal from my player and digitizes it.

You then need software. Any recording software will do. iTunes or Apple Music app do not have this functionality. Audacity is free and very good, but a bit confusing at first since it has so many features.

What software do I need to perform audio cassettes to cd or memory stick on my MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.