You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drains after updating to macOS Catalina

Hello I updated my macbook to Catalina and since then my battery drain dramatically. When it is 100% charged and i close my MacBook and open it a few hours later it is down 25 to 30%.. or more. what to do to fix this terrible problem.

Thanks

MacBook Pro Retina

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 6:39 AM

2 replies

Oct 19, 2019 10:55 AM in response to DavyFromNL

Hello DavyFromNL! 

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities. I understand you’ve noticed changes in the battery performance following the upgrade to macOS Catalina. Not to worry, I have some troubleshooting steps that should help. 

First, there was a supplemental update to macOS Catalina released after you posted your message. If you have not already done so, install the update and wait 24 hours. See if there is any change in the performance. 

If there is not, check out the information in this article: See how apps affect Mac performance, battery runtime, temperature, and fan activity. If there is nothing showing in Activity Monitor, move on to this article which will give you more details about your MacBook battery: About Mac notebook batteries

Cheers!

Battery drains after updating to macOS Catalina

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.