You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

audio not working in 'iTunes Movies' app

Apple TV 4k - just updated to os 13

Sonos sound bar and two surround speakers

Trying to watch Toy Story 4 (family shared) via 'iTunes Movies' app and as soon as movie starts there is no sound. If I play any other movies which I personally purchased (not family shared) there is also no audio.

Using the 'TV' app to watch a movie I purchased, there IS sound. However, I cannot select family shared movies to watch via the 'TV' app, or at least cannot locate this option.

I tried:

• Restarting Apple TV
  • Unplugging all chords, turning back on
  • switching audio settings and then back again
  • selecting various subtitle and audio options in drop-down while movie was playing

Any one else having this issue or have suggestions to fix?

Apple TV 4K

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 10:13 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 12, 2019 2:19 PM

I'm having the same issue as well. I tried restarting my network and everything is up to date. I'm getting no audio and picture stuttering bad. I tried another 4k movie in my library and it's working fine. I'll also get a message saying "There is a problem loading this content." I figured out the issue though it has to do with the "quick start" being off in settings -> apps-> iTunes Movies and Tv Shows -> quick start. Apple claims when you have "quick start" set to on that the movie will start immediately and have the best resolution possible which the latter is false. With it on the hdr look muted and the entire picture looks like garbage in my opinion. So I guess I'm gonna have to turn it on to watch this movie which is pretty lame..

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 12, 2019 2:19 PM in response to FutureIslands

I'm having the same issue as well. I tried restarting my network and everything is up to date. I'm getting no audio and picture stuttering bad. I tried another 4k movie in my library and it's working fine. I'll also get a message saying "There is a problem loading this content." I figured out the issue though it has to do with the "quick start" being off in settings -> apps-> iTunes Movies and Tv Shows -> quick start. Apple claims when you have "quick start" set to on that the movie will start immediately and have the best resolution possible which the latter is false. With it on the hdr look muted and the entire picture looks like garbage in my opinion. So I guess I'm gonna have to turn it on to watch this movie which is pretty lame..

Oct 16, 2019 2:17 PM in response to FutureIslands

How do i turn Quick start off on iphone xs? Trolled everything but cant seem to find it in settings? Ive had a response off apple... what a complete waste of time they told me to delete and reinstall which ive done for the last 24hours still no sound on my xs only if i have it playing with Audio desription, no other movie apart from toy story 4 is effected

audio not working in 'iTunes Movies' app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.