You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple watch not picking up heart rate during run

I'm not exactly sure when this started, but during my runs, my watch is no longer picking up my heart rate. I've tried going to the watch on the app and choosing the heart rate to show, but for some reason, it is "grayed out" and won't let me add it. Is anybody else having this problem? I know in the past people had this problem with power saving mode being off, but I've checked and mine is still on. Thank you!

Apple Watch

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 6:38 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 10, 2019 7:40 AM

If, for some reason, the heart rate monitor on your Apple Watch stops working, you may need to restart or reset the device. Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider bar appears and slide it to turn off Apple Watch. Press and hold the Side button again until the Apple Watch logo appears.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 10, 2019 7:40 AM in response to alicatlandry

If, for some reason, the heart rate monitor on your Apple Watch stops working, you may need to restart or reset the device. Press and hold the Side button until the power off slider bar appears and slide it to turn off Apple Watch. Press and hold the Side button again until the Apple Watch logo appears.

Apple watch not picking up heart rate during run

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.