You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

catalina updated mac mini (late 2012) has made my usb wireless mice not work.

I updated my son's Mac mini (late 2012 to Catalina and ever since his Logitech wireless mouse hasn't worked. It was paired with the same unifying receiver as his keyboard, which still works fine. The Logitech software shows the mouse as paired, but it does nothing. I also updated my MBP (2018 TB) and my wife's MB (2016) and the mouse works fine on both of those machines, so it isn't Catalina in particular and isn't the mouse as it works everywhere else I try it.

Do you think reinstalling from a time machine back up would help? I'v messaged Logitech, but have since noticed that the mini won't recognize any of the Logitech unifying receiver mice that I own.

Posted on Oct 8, 2019 7:05 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 14, 2019 3:28 PM

Logitech got back to me today with a solution that fixed the mouse on my son's Mac mini. Here's what they sent me (they included screenshots, but they wouldn't copy) Updating the software didn't update the driver, but restarting from recovery mode worked.

Thank you for giving us more information about the computer of your son. we do have a solution for your concern. If you use Logitech Control Center (LCC) 3.9.8 or earlier, please update to the latest version of LCC before you upgrade to macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

To install the latest version, open LCC and click on any device. From the menu bar, select Check for Updates. You can also get the latest version from the Download page here https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360025297833

If you experience any issues, please check this FAQ: Important information for Logitech Control Center and macOS Catalina and Mojave https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360023202814

NOTE: We are aware that after upgrading from macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier to macOS 10.15 Catalina with LCC (Logitech Control Center) versions 3.9.8 or below, some Logitech Unifying-based devices may stop working. This is a known issue on macOS 10.15 Catalina and we’re actively working with Apple to address it.

In the meantime, if your Unifying device is not working after upgrading to macOS Catalina, please upgrade to LCC 3.9.9 from this link and reboot the system to complete the installation.

If your device is still not working, please check which version of the Unifying drivers are loaded into the system, to do so:

1. Launch Terminal from /Applications/Utilities folder

2. Run the following command : 

kextstat | grep -i Logi

105  1 0xffffff7f8252b000 0x47000  0x47000 com.Logitech.ControlCenter.HIDDriver (3.9.9) BB513FDB-C9C7-3A6F-AD71-58CDD322B095 <104 76 49 25 6 5 3>

106  0 0xffffff7f82582000 0x16000  0x16000 com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver (1.3.9) 4E15EC6B-3BB3-3644-B366-F5EFB857C2BB <105 104 49 25 6 5 3>

If the “com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver” is any version other than 1.3.9, then the new driver was not properly loaded by macOS Catalina. To fix this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Start your system in Recovery Mode:

- Restart your computer (From the menu bar, click on the Apple logo and select Restart)

- Hold the "Command" and "R" keys until the Apple logo appears

2. You should see "macOS Utilities" screen, if not, repeat step (1).

3. Close this window using the red button on the top left

4. Click on "Choose Startup Disk..."

5. Then select "Restart.."

6. Lastly, select "Restart" again - you may see a spinning icon for a few minutes before rebooting.

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 14, 2019 3:28 PM in response to WEDavis

Logitech got back to me today with a solution that fixed the mouse on my son's Mac mini. Here's what they sent me (they included screenshots, but they wouldn't copy) Updating the software didn't update the driver, but restarting from recovery mode worked.

Thank you for giving us more information about the computer of your son. we do have a solution for your concern. If you use Logitech Control Center (LCC) 3.9.8 or earlier, please update to the latest version of LCC before you upgrade to macOS 10.15 (Catalina).

To install the latest version, open LCC and click on any device. From the menu bar, select Check for Updates. You can also get the latest version from the Download page here https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360025297833

If you experience any issues, please check this FAQ: Important information for Logitech Control Center and macOS Catalina and Mojave https://support.logi.com/hc/articles/360023202814

NOTE: We are aware that after upgrading from macOS 10.14 Mojave or earlier to macOS 10.15 Catalina with LCC (Logitech Control Center) versions 3.9.8 or below, some Logitech Unifying-based devices may stop working. This is a known issue on macOS 10.15 Catalina and we’re actively working with Apple to address it.

In the meantime, if your Unifying device is not working after upgrading to macOS Catalina, please upgrade to LCC 3.9.9 from this link and reboot the system to complete the installation.

If your device is still not working, please check which version of the Unifying drivers are loaded into the system, to do so:

1. Launch Terminal from /Applications/Utilities folder

2. Run the following command : 

kextstat | grep -i Logi

105  1 0xffffff7f8252b000 0x47000  0x47000 com.Logitech.ControlCenter.HIDDriver (3.9.9) BB513FDB-C9C7-3A6F-AD71-58CDD322B095 <104 76 49 25 6 5 3>

106  0 0xffffff7f82582000 0x16000  0x16000 com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver (1.3.9) 4E15EC6B-3BB3-3644-B366-F5EFB857C2BB <105 104 49 25 6 5 3>

If the “com.Logitech.Unifying.HIDDriver” is any version other than 1.3.9, then the new driver was not properly loaded by macOS Catalina. To fix this issue, please try the following steps:

1. Start your system in Recovery Mode:

- Restart your computer (From the menu bar, click on the Apple logo and select Restart)

- Hold the "Command" and "R" keys until the Apple logo appears

2. You should see "macOS Utilities" screen, if not, repeat step (1).

3. Close this window using the red button on the top left

4. Click on "Choose Startup Disk..."

5. Then select "Restart.."

6. Lastly, select "Restart" again - you may see a spinning icon for a few minutes before rebooting.

Oct 9, 2019 5:09 AM in response to WEDavis

Thanks for the replies. I'll try reinstalling the options software as it has the unifying software built into it. I was hoping that maybe it was just an install issue with Catalina on the mini since the mice work on my MacBook Pro and my wife's MacBook, which both are running Catalina.

At any rate, the mini is fully functional. His wireless keyboard works fine, and I have a wired mouse. He just really likes his little red Logitech m325.

Oct 9, 2019 11:50 AM in response to WEDavis

I was having the same issue with my Logitech MX Ergo trackball. I tried installing the updated (for Catalina) Logi Options app and the Logitech LCC app, but nothing worked. What I finally did was unplug the Unifying receiver and connected it via Bluetooth. Now it works fine, so if your mouse is Bluetooth compatible, give that a try.

Oct 9, 2019 3:23 PM in response to jaap112

Interesting. I just upgraded my 2018 Mac mini from Mojave to Catalina. I have the Logitech K780 Multi-Device wireless keyboard and wireless MX Master 2S mouse. Both are Unifying devices. After the upgrade, my mini has no issue with connecting with either of these and both the Logitech Options and Logitech Unifying Software apps were still there ... and fully functional. Both of these are still at the same version that was installed when I had Mojave.

Oct 11, 2019 7:07 PM in response to WEDavis

So I've reinstalled Logitech Options and nothing has changed. The K750 keyboard works fine, but the mouse does nothing despite the software saying that it is active and responding via the icon changes that it is receiving input from all the buttons. My son's mouse doesn't support bluetooth, so that isn't a solution for it. I have a Magic Mouse that he's now using, but it's frustrating that just his late 2012 Mac mini seems to have a problem.

I haven't tried the receiver in another machine to see if both the keyboard and mouse work do yet. In general, I need them to because we use them on a RetroPie. I will try them tomorrow.My gut feeling says they'll work since the mouse seems to work everywhere else. Logitech hasn't really gotten back to me. They initially asked a few questions, but have been silent ever since.

catalina updated mac mini (late 2012) has made my usb wireless mice not work.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.