You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reset iCloud Syncing?

Files are uploading to iCloud from my iPhone. But my desktop and iPad will not sync them down or upload new ones.

All devices are the latest OS as of October 5th, 2019. I have unchecked and rechecked the iCloud Drive settings on each device. The iPhone always re-sync latest data but my desktop and iPad do not.

On the iPad I can tap a file to download and it just loops forever saying downloading.

The desktop doesn't show any new files or upload renames.

How do I fix this? Is there a "reset syncing" feature somewhere? This article talks about one but it's gone.

MacBook

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 5:59 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 9:56 AM

On the devices/computers not syncing properly, try going to System Preferences/iCloud or Settings/Your Name/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the box/sliding off syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Similar questions

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 5, 2019 9:56 AM in response to wassimk

On the devices/computers not syncing properly, try going to System Preferences/iCloud or Settings/Your Name/iCloud and stop syncing by unchecking the box/sliding off syncing. Wait a couple of minutes, then check syncing. Allow time for the sync to complete.

Last resort - have you tried signing out of iCloud and then sign back in?

Reset iCloud Syncing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.