You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Pencil (1st Gen.) Annotation on PDF Files

Hello all,

I am having an issue (!) with apple pencil on pdf files. I was able to take notes on PDF files and scroll it down/up with my finger until upgrading to iOS13. After the upgrading my iPad to iOS13, when I take note or draw anything on PDF files using the pencil, the editing tool gets activated and I cannot use my finger to scroll down/up because it starts drawing line when I attempt to scroll the page. The only way to scroll the page up/down is to use two fingers or turn off the editing tool by tapping the markup icon on top-right corner every time which is very inconvenient. Is there any way to turn off drawing with finger or disable editing tool to NOT get activated when I draw with pencil?

For example, most of the professors at my college shares their presentations as PDF files, and I use my iPad to take notes on the these pdf files while listening to the professors, but editing tools gets activated right after I draw anything with pencil and I cannot scroll the page quickly unless turning off the editing tool by tapping the markup icon. MS Office has that kind of option so that you can turn on/off drawing with finger.

Thanks in advance!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Oct 4, 2019 11:17 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 5, 2019 1:35 PM

Hello,

This is a "feature" not a "bug". I highly encourage you to submit feedback to Apple.

Product Feedback - Apple

Similar questions

9 replies

Apple Pencil (1st Gen.) Annotation on PDF Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.