You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Apple Watch 5 pair with iphone 6sPlus?

I have an iphone 6sPlus. iOS 12.4.2. Phone won't update to iOS 13. My husband bought me an Apple Watch 5. Can't seem to get them to pair. Any suggestions?

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 2:32 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2019 6:03 AM

You have to upgrade the iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 13. Then you can pair with a new Apple Watch.

But be VERY SURE you have a 6s, because the new Apple Watches will Not pair with an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or older, and the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Cannot be upgraded to iOS 13.

If you really have an iPhone 6 Plus, I would strongly suggest you return your Apple Watch series 5 within the Apple 14 day return period for a full refund. Then you can take your time to decide when you want to get a newer iPhone. A new Apple Watch can then be purchased when you have an iPhone that will work with the Apple Watch.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 30, 2019 6:03 AM in response to honeycrisp402

You have to upgrade the iPhone 6s Plus to iOS 13. Then you can pair with a new Apple Watch.

But be VERY SURE you have a 6s, because the new Apple Watches will Not pair with an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus or older, and the iPhone 6 and 6 Plus Cannot be upgraded to iOS 13.

If you really have an iPhone 6 Plus, I would strongly suggest you return your Apple Watch series 5 within the Apple 14 day return period for a full refund. Then you can take your time to decide when you want to get a newer iPhone. A new Apple Watch can then be purchased when you have an iPhone that will work with the Apple Watch.

Sep 30, 2019 6:55 AM in response to honeycrisp402

honeycrisp402 wrote:

I have an iphone 6sPlus. iOS 12.4.2. Phone won't update to iOS 13. My husband bought me an Apple Watch 5. Can't seem to get them to pair. Any suggestions?

Go to Settings>General>About>Model Number. What does it say? It is likely that you actually have an iPhone 6 Plus. If that's the case, Bob's advice is spot on.

Will Apple Watch 5 pair with iphone 6sPlus?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.