You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will a apple watch 5 cellular purchased in america work in the uk?

I will be going over to america next year and was thinking about holding off buying my apple watch 5 cellular until I go there, but will it work as normal in the uk when it comes to cellular connectivity? any confirmations or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 5:19 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 5:23 PM

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple - https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

"To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate models for Apple Watch Series 5, and three for Apple Watch Series 3.2 They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports roaming worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to the chart below."

7 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 29, 2019 5:23 PM in response to craig_84

Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple - https://www.apple.com/watch/cellular/

"To cover the LTE and UMTS bands used around the world, there are two separate models for Apple Watch Series 5, and three for Apple Watch Series 3.2 They have been optimized for use in the country of purchase, and not all models work in all countries or regions. There is no single model that supports roaming worldwide. To see which carriers in your country or region offer cellular service for Apple Watch, refer to the chart below."

Sep 30, 2019 6:07 AM in response to deggie

That's why when answering this kind of question I prefer to quote what Apple actually says. They do not say that the "warranty ... only valid in country of purchase" For mobile devices they say, "Apple may restrict warranty service for hardware products to the country where Apple or its Authorized Distributors originally sold the device."

Yes, in many cases this effectively means there is no warranty in other places, but it is not absolutely ruled out. It is good to emphasize the possible restriction to people wanting to purchase a device in another country but I simply prefer to let people do their own interpretation of what Apple means by the warranty statement.

Sep 30, 2019 7:22 AM in response to Limnos

That's nice but with the Watch, unlike the iPhone, there is really no service available except for replacing the device. Even if the crystal is broken they replace the Watch, they do not put a new crystal on it. Since in the UK they would have no America's region service replacements they would not be able to replace the Watch. But I understand what you are saying.

will a apple watch 5 cellular purchased in america work in the uk?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.