You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Displaying custom message on locked screen

Is there anyway I can display a custom message on the locked screen of my iPhone 7. or iPad Pro. Something to let others know how to contact me if the phone is found? I can do this on my MacBook Pro.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Sep 29, 2019 11:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Oct 1, 2019 5:02 PM

Hi CXI,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to create a custom message for a lost iOS device. I'll be happy to help.

You have the ability to enter a customer message when an iOS device is lost or stolen. There are requirements in place in order to have this option. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Locate a lost or stolen device

Best regards.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Oct 1, 2019 5:02 PM in response to CXI

Hi CXI,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand you'd like to create a custom message for a lost iOS device. I'll be happy to help.

You have the ability to enter a customer message when an iOS device is lost or stolen. There are requirements in place in order to have this option. Here's a helpful article with additional details: Locate a lost or stolen device

Best regards.

Displaying custom message on locked screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.