You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SIM not supported on unlocked phone

Hi,

I bought an used iPhone X but when I put my SIM card pops up the message "The SIM card that you currently have installed in this iPhone is from a carrier that is not supported ... “ which means that the phone is locked to a specific carrier. I called the carrier of the old owner and I’ve been told that the phone is actually unlocked. Then I payed one of those companies that check all the info about your phone based on the IMIE-number and they confirmed that the phone is unlocked ... I have, of course, tried all the simple things like restating the phone, rebooting it etc and I have checked with my current carrier that SIM card is perfectly working. What is the problem then? Any other ideas?

iPhone X

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:28 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:35 AM

Check if the carrier you're trying to use is among this list:--> Wireless carrier support and features for iPhone in the United States and Canada - Apple Support

If no, that carrier is not supported by Apple.

If yes, your iphone could be still locked to a previous carrier.

Regards

Giulio

2 replies

SIM not supported on unlocked phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.