You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Finder saves files slowly

I am noticing this problem when doing screenshots or making a Print to pdf. It takes about 5-10 seconds for the file to appear in the folder after the screenshot is taken or the pdf-file is finished. I am normally saving to the desktop folder.

If I look at the desktop folder in the Finder app, the problem is the same. And if I look in the same folder in PathFinder while I look in Finder, the file is immediately created in PathFinder but several seconds later in Finder (and on the desktop). What is the problem?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Sep 26, 2019 6:11 AM

Similar questions

11 replies

Sep 26, 2019 1:28 PM in response to camilla wis

If everything was right it should save some screen shots in the Desktop folder without any delay.

When you make a screenshot look in the lower right hand corner of your window to see a thumbnail of it. It's there to click on so you can annotate it if desired.

If you launch Screenshot.app from the Applications folder you'll get this worker:

Click on the Options button and set the Timer to None and uncheck

"Show Floating Thumbnail". That will put the screenshot instantly on the Desktop.

This means you won't be able to annotate the screenshot.

Sep 26, 2019 10:24 AM in response to BDAqua

I normally have a clean Desktop folder but I use it to save files during my working day before I move them to another folder.

My Macbook Pro did cost me almost 3500 euro, If everything was right it should save some screen shots in the Desktop folder without any delay. My old MBP 2010 doesn't have any problem with it. Maybe it's some problems with the SSD. This issue appeared after six-twelve months.

Sep 27, 2019 5:24 AM in response to Old Toad

When you make a screenshot look in the lower right hand corner of your 
window to see a thumbnail of it.  It's there to click on so you can 
annotate it if desired.

Are you sure that screenshot creates a thumbnail even on High Sierra? Cause I can't find any. When I do a screenshot it just creates a new fil on my desktop, after 5-10 seconds though.

If you launch Screenshot.app from the Applications folder you'll get this worker

I don't have the Screenshot.app in my Application folder. And if I do a Spotlight search on "screenshot" I don't get any answers on any Application.

Finder saves files slowly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.