You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage

Why isn’t my IMessage connecting?

Just the other day after updating to ios13, I was logged out of my Apple ID, all social media apps, and iMessage became unavailable. I also have not been receiving notifications from any social media apps.

I have done everything possible to reconnect my iMessage and get my apps to notify me. I have turned my phone on and off, I have turned iMessage on and off, I have logged out of all social media and logged back in, and still I have no notifications and iMessage still says “waiting to connect”, but every time I do enter my Apple ID to connect it, it never goes through.

This never happened before. What do I do?

iPhone 7

Posted on Sep 24, 2019 3:01 PM

2 replies

Sep 24, 2019 4:21 PM in response to LibbyTree

Do you have access to another WiFi network where you can try? That has worked for several people.

Try a restart.

Restart your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

Try a forced restart.

Reset Device

If necessary

Hard reset

Do a backup and try a factory reset. Then restore from your backup.

Restore to Factory setting

Backup - Restore your device from an iCloud or iTunes backup

iMessage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.