You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to fix the problem that apple watch looses connection while syncing wirh iphone in setup phase?

My brand new apple watch series 5 wont allow to be synced with my iPhone 7 (ios 13). In the setup process, the devices will pair and guide me until the last step (syncronizing). However, during this step the apple watch looses connection and states the error that it is unable to pair with the iPhone and urges me to unpair which leads to the only choice of reset and starting over, leading to the same result over and over again. I have freshly updated the iphone to the newest software ios 13. I have restarted both devices. Reseted the watch multiple times by now and always keep them in very close proximity. Can anyone help me solve this issue? Is the watch defect?! I have just unboxed it....

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 1:51 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 2:08 PM

Are both the  Watch and the iPhone connected to a charger and is the  Watch charged to at least 70%? If either or both of these is not true then charge your  Watch to at least 70% and try setup again with both devices connected to a charger.

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 23, 2019 2:22 PM in response to Ralph9430

Thanks for your help! Can‘t tell if it would have made any difference to connect both devices to a charger (however the watch was above 70% charged). I actually managed to solve this issue now by waiting for the sync on the iphone to complete even though the apple watch told me connection was lost already. the watch app on the iPhone then showed a completed setup (at least it appeared this way). Then I simply restarted the watch, ignoring its attempt to make me reset the watch again. Lastly, I set bluetooth off on the iphone and put it back on and reconnected to the watch. Now it seems to work as the watch tells the time for the first time so far. :-)

Thanks again!

How to fix the problem that apple watch looses connection while syncing wirh iphone in setup phase?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.