You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 Plus can't be updated to iOS 13 -EQUALS- I can't my update my Apple Watch 3 to watchOS 6

Unless there is a workaround I have not discovered on the interwebs, it appears that because my iPhone 6 Plus can't be updated to iOS 13, I can't my update my Apple Watch 3 to watchOS 6.

Therefore, must I replace my perfectly good iPhone 6 Plus with an iPhone that *can* be updated to iOS 13 (I know which iPhones, btw) to get to my Apple Watch 3 to watchOS 6? OR is there a novel workaround that I have not heard of yet? Like, can I pair my iPhone with someone else's iPhone 8 running iOS 13 and the iPhone app and upgrade my Apple Watch 3 that way? Or some other way. Thanks folks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 1:07 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 1:18 PM

There is no workaround.

If you update the OS on your watch using someone else's phone, it will no longer work with yours at all.

1 reply

iPhone 6 Plus can't be updated to iOS 13 -EQUALS- I can't my update my Apple Watch 3 to watchOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.