You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Block spam messages (sms)

Since about half a year now I’ve been receiving spam messages (in the Messages app on my iPhone) from an online gambling site that I never signed up for. This bot doesn’t have a system that stops the messages when you reply “STOP” or alike, instead it tells you to “change settings”. Since I’ve never made an account on this site I cannot change my SMS settings. I’ve tried doing a number of things to block the sender, but nothing worked for me so far. Do iPhones have a way of blocking unwanted messages like these? It’s getting really annoying at this point

iPhone 6

Posted on Sep 22, 2019 12:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2019 7:50 PM

Hello Gijs04,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're receiving spam SMS, and you'd like to know if there's a way to block the sender. I would be happy to help provide more information about this process.

Within the settings on your iPhone you can block phone numbers, contacts, and email addresses as follows:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For SMS/MMS specifically, you may want to contact your carrier as directed in this section:

"To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier."

Cheers!

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 23, 2019 7:50 PM in response to Gijs04

Hello Gijs04,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities! I understand that you're receiving spam SMS, and you'd like to know if there's a way to block the sender. I would be happy to help provide more information about this process.

Within the settings on your iPhone you can block phone numbers, contacts, and email addresses as follows:

Block phone numbers, contacts, and emails on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

For SMS/MMS specifically, you may want to contact your carrier as directed in this section:

"To report SMS and MMS messages, contact your carrier."

Cheers!

Block spam messages (sms)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.