You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMessage & Text sound notifications not working with iOS 13

I updated to iOS 13 yesterday on my iPhone 10Xs. Before I did the update, my text/iMessage sounds were working fine. Now they don't work. Texts/iMessages come in just fine, but I don't hear the notifications. I've checked all the settings I know to check. Does anyone know what's going on?

iPhone XS

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 5:08 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2019 1:43 PM

I was having the same problem and after a lot of looking I found that if you have a Apple Watch like myself you have to go to the watch app, passwords and disable wrist detection. After that I started to receive both wrist and text sounds on my iPhone. I hope this helps.

2 replies

Sep 20, 2019 5:12 PM in response to Nwells88

Thanks Nwells88. That is a great idea. unfortunately, it doesn't apply to me, because I don't have or use an Apple Watch.

Tech support had me do a backup, then restore my phone to the factory settings (as new), and that fixed the problem. It took time, and I've had to sort of start from scratch, but it was worth it. Notification sounds are back. Maybe others who have this problem might consider trying this. I hope this helps.

iMessage & Text sound notifications not working with iOS 13

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.