You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No option for disk to reinstall Mac OS onto

My computer recently started freezing and now every time I boot it after about 5 mins it freezes and the crashes.

There is an issue with a battery that is nearing the end of its life, but this has been an issue for a while and is not causing the problem.

I have reset the PRAM, and then an now attempting to reinstall the OS. However there is no disk available for me to install it onto when I try.

MacBook

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 11:58 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2019 12:40 PM

Your internal storage, or your I/O hardware, or maybe your storage I/O interconnect cable has potentially failed.

That means a visit to your preferred hardware provider, or a call to Apple Support, or replacing the hard disk with another hard disk or an SSD yourself. Or maybe replacing a faulty cable that sometimes arises here.

3 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Sep 16, 2019 12:40 PM in response to Vlasko

Your internal storage, or your I/O hardware, or maybe your storage I/O interconnect cable has potentially failed.

That means a visit to your preferred hardware provider, or a call to Apple Support, or replacing the hard disk with another hard disk or an SSD yourself. Or maybe replacing a faulty cable that sometimes arises here.

No option for disk to reinstall Mac OS onto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.