You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad phone number not showing

I have a new iPad 6th generation Cellular and the phone number is not showing up. When I go to Settings/General/About, the “Cellular Dara Number” shows Unknown. How to I get that corrected as I do have a number for this iPad?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 7:04 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 25, 2019 7:13 AM

I think you're a bit confused. Even with Cellular, iPad is not a cell phone as it does not have a cellular radio, nor can it make phone calls without using Continuity Services. A phone number provided by your cellular provider is only for the billing for data. iPad is not capable of making or receiving phone calls on its own.

Read this link about all the ways you can use services from your cell phone to your iPad:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 25, 2019 7:13 AM in response to TxWi

I think you're a bit confused. Even with Cellular, iPad is not a cell phone as it does not have a cellular radio, nor can it make phone calls without using Continuity Services. A phone number provided by your cellular provider is only for the billing for data. iPad is not capable of making or receiving phone calls on its own.

Read this link about all the ways you can use services from your cell phone to your iPad:

Use Continuity to connect your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple Watch - Apple Support

iPad phone number not showing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.