You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

payment methods & family sharing

a while back i had joined my friends family sharing plan. i was having no problems until recently. today i tried to make a $1 in-app purchase with the itunes balance i had remaining. i have around $3 remaining. but every time i try and make that purchase it tells me i need to "verify a payment method" the card that is present is not mine, so i cannot verify it. is there any way i can get around this so i can use my itunes balance? i do not want to use my friends money for this so i dont want to verify his card if the money will be taken off of it. it also will not allow me to edit and remove the payment method. even if i log into the appleid website and change it from there, it will automatically go back to having that card as a payment method.

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 11:13 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 24, 2019 9:43 AM

You will either need to leave the Family Share, or get the Organiser in your actual family to confirm their payment method

Similar questions

1 reply

payment methods & family sharing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.