You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook Air won't stay connected to my personal wifi

My laptop will not connect to my personal wifi, other people's laptops and phones stay connected fine, but mine will only connect after I run diagnostics. This problem specifically happens after waking it from sleep mode. I have century link internet.

Sorry if my language isn't correct, I'm not too familiar with computers/tech

Posted on Aug 23, 2019 11:09 AM

3 replies

Aug 24, 2019 7:47 PM in response to Lilbismyfriend2013

Have you tried booting into Safe Mode which loads only the minimal drivers and disables Startup & Login items?

Have you tried creating another user account in case a preference is causing the problem?

Have you tried rebooting both your router/access point as well as the computer?

What is the exact model of your laptop which can be found by clicking the Apple menu and selecting "About this Mac". What version of macOS? Are you using the original Apple SSD or a third party SSD?

Is the WiFi signal strength between around -40db to -60db? Is the WiFi noise level somewhere around -90db? Option click the WiFi icon to get this information.

When the system wakes up, maybe some background tasks are interfering and taking up too many resources for the WiFi to reconnect properly. If you wait five minutes will it reconnect on its own?

Macbook Air won't stay connected to my personal wifi

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.