You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restrictions passcode

I am looking to sell my iPhone 7 Plus and set about to erase all contents and settings. I keyed in my passcode but then was ask to key in my restrictions passcode which I wasn’t able to remember as have not been used once since new. I have attempted 13 times but failed and I guess it would lock out if I keep attempting. I unfortunately do not have a PC or Mac and mini iPad is my only ‘desktop’.

Can anyone advise how I would be able to retrieve my restrictions passcode without the need of PC or Mac, please? Any tips/advice would be much appreciated.. Thank you.

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 1:12 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 21, 2019 1:21 AM

Hello.

Unfortunately, you can't retrieve your passcode, you have to erase your iPhone. You can borrow someone's laptop or go to the nearest Apple Store, they could help.

Try this first:

1. Head to iCloud.com form a computer
  2. Log in with your Apple ID
  3. Tap "Find My iPhone" app and erase your iPhone from there.
3 replies

Restrictions passcode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.