You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

imovie

Why is it that every time I try to delete a video clip it also deletes my music? How do I keep this from happening?

MacBook Pro with Touch Bar

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 2:10 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 18, 2019 4:16 PM

The audio is deleting because the audio clip is connected to the video clip with a little blue handle on the left side of the audio clip. So when you delete the video clip it takes with it the audio that is attached.

To keep this from happening, put your cursor on the audio clip and, while pressing down, pull the audio clip downward into a lower audio well. As you pull down, you will see the connecting handle detach from the video. Then you can delete the video without also deleting the audio.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 18, 2019 4:16 PM in response to KatieDonovan

The audio is deleting because the audio clip is connected to the video clip with a little blue handle on the left side of the audio clip. So when you delete the video clip it takes with it the audio that is attached.

To keep this from happening, put your cursor on the audio clip and, while pressing down, pull the audio clip downward into a lower audio well. As you pull down, you will see the connecting handle detach from the video. Then you can delete the video without also deleting the audio.

-- Rich

imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.