You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have a Macbook 1.1 early 2006 that I want to erase and reinstall 10.6.8

Posted on Aug 14, 2019 7:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2019 12:57 PM

If you have the Snow Leopard disk, do a backup,  preferably 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot off the DVD and run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors.  Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

Use the combo update to save time in Software Update.

10.6.8 Combo Updater

App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 15, 2019 12:57 PM in response to comaz

If you have the Snow Leopard disk, do a backup,  preferably 2 separate ones on 2 drives. Boot off the DVD and run Disk Utility Verify/Repair Disk and Repair Permissions until you get no errors.  Reformat the drive using Disk Utility/Erase Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then click the Option button and select GUID. Quit Disk Utility, then re-install the OS.

When you reboot, use Setup Assistant to restore your data.

Use the combo update to save time in Software Update.

10.6.8 Combo Updater

App Store Update for OS X Snow Leopard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.