You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch doesn’t log swims properly

Got the Apple Watch series 3. I’m short about 1km every swim session I do? Done the updates, done resets and everything but still missing roughly 8km every week. Any fixes for this? Cheers

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 1:42 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2019 3:46 PM

Hi,

Please have a look at this

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the built-in Workout app does not currently support tracking swimming workouts when not using your arms (such as when using a kickboard). During indoor swimming workouts, the app relies on tracking your arm motion when estimating results.

For any workouts that include swimming without using your arms, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs. You may also wish to try using a third-party app in case it better meets your needs more generally. For example, the swimming-specific Swim.com app includes support for tracking kickboard drills:

If the issue persists and you are concerned about a potential software issue or hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 12, 2019 3:46 PM in response to PhotoOllie

Hi,

Please have a look at this

Calibrating your Apple Watch for improved Workout and Activity accuracy - Apple Support

Keep in mind that the built-in Workout app does not currently support tracking swimming workouts when not using your arms (such as when using a kickboard). During indoor swimming workouts, the app relies on tracking your arm motion when estimating results.

For any workouts that include swimming without using your arms, you may find that a third-party app meets your needs. You may also wish to try using a third-party app in case it better meets your needs more generally. For example, the swimming-specific Swim.com app includes support for tracking kickboard drills:

If the issue persists and you are concerned about a potential software issue or hardware defect, then I suggest that you contact Apple Support (remote diagnostics and/or mail-in service may be available, if required), make a Genius Bar reservation or visit an Apple Authorised Service Provider for assistance:

Apple Watch doesn’t log swims properly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.