You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I checked the information about trading in and I don't trust it actually

As I am about to order my new Iphone XR and trade in my old iphone 6s, I checked the information about trading in and I don't trust it actually :) like, when they checked for my trading value I had to tick if the iphone display is on good shape - it is in perfect shape. And if all buttons work, yes all buttons work properly. My microphone and reciever are not working properly, but I couldn't mention it. So my trading value was -150$. Now I have to pay full price for the new iphone xr and send my iphone 6s to check.

Is it 100% sure that I get my 150$ back or not?

thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone XR

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 1:16 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2019 5:48 AM

If the iPhone you want to trade-in is damaged, your trade-in value will be less. All figures are up-to, in your case it's up to 150 $. I suggest you bring your iPhone into an Apple Store for a validation to see how much trade-in value your phone will give you. If Apple decides that your phone won't give any value, they will recycle it for free.

You can also sell your iPhone on your own.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 9, 2019 5:48 AM in response to patrizio123

If the iPhone you want to trade-in is damaged, your trade-in value will be less. All figures are up-to, in your case it's up to 150 $. I suggest you bring your iPhone into an Apple Store for a validation to see how much trade-in value your phone will give you. If Apple decides that your phone won't give any value, they will recycle it for free.

You can also sell your iPhone on your own.

Aug 9, 2019 7:14 AM in response to patrizio123

The online quote is an estimate. As the fine print says, final determination of trade in value is always dependent upon physical inspection of the device. It’s that way with any for-profit recycler/buyer. Nobody guarantees a trade in value without seeing the device for themselves.

Since your microphine and receiver are not working, it is not unexpected that the actual trade in value is zero. The recycler cannot resell it, and the cost to fix it is more than its fair market value, so it’s actual trade in value is nothing to them.

I checked the information about trading in and I don't trust it actually

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.