You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Music compatible player for swimming

I am shopping for a set of earbuds and/or any player that allows me to do the following:

• listen to Music, including Apple Music songs and playlists (previously locally stored on the iPhone of course) while swimming
  • that doesn't require a constant bluetooth connection to the iPhone (which won't work anyway underwater)

I have seen several players that allow storing MP3s and other file formats, also from iTunes, such as Sony NW-WS series. But I wonder if these allow you to store music that you have saved through Apple Music subscription and stored on the iPhone itself prior to syncing. Basically moving a locally stored Apple Music song, playlist or album, on a player in order to swim whilst listening to music.

Any input and help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted on Aug 7, 2019 11:47 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 8, 2019 2:30 AM

Thank you for your clear and detailed reply.

It is unfortunate though that swimmers are left Apple Music-less :-)

3 replies

Aug 8, 2019 2:28 AM in response to iMat77

But I wonder if these allow you to store music that you have saved through Apple Music subscription and stored on the iPhone itself prior to syncing. Basically moving a locally stored Apple Music song, playlist or album, on a player in order to swim whilst listening to music.

That is not supported. Apple Music files cannot be transferred and are (DRM) protected against unauthorized use. Apple Music can only be listed to on supported devices. Local downloads have to be downloaded directly onto an authorized associated device. The downloaded files are exclusive to both that Apple ID and device.

If you want to transfer your audio files to other devices, then you have to get these files elsewhere (e.g. the iTunes Store).

iTunes Music compatible player for swimming

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.