You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Print in Black & White on Mojave?

Currently there is no button to select Black and White printing. Any suggestion?

My system: Mojave version 10.14.5. Using a MacBook Air.

Or am I asking the wrong question - is all of this determined by the printer software?

Was able to do a work around by adjusting color (Tools - Adjust Color). But wasn't able to select a level of printing quality.

Thanks for any help!

MacBook

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 12:32 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 1:52 PM

I think it's up to the specific printer to offer black & white printing in the print dialogue window.

Is the workaround you mentioned related to Preview app? It works for photos (playing with saturation). If you're working with PDF files that tool is not available, though.

You can process a file with ColorSync Utility and apply a Gray Tone filter.

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 1:52 PM in response to pleasehelpme89

I think it's up to the specific printer to offer black & white printing in the print dialogue window.

Is the workaround you mentioned related to Preview app? It works for photos (playing with saturation). If you're working with PDF files that tool is not available, though.

You can process a file with ColorSync Utility and apply a Gray Tone filter.

Print in Black & White on Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.