You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID and Password

I have a Ipad 2 that was given to me by a friend. She don't remember her Apple ID or Password because had for a while and don't remember the information. They have a lot of people and software on the web that said they can unlock for a fee but I just don't trust. She did not keep the receipt and the ipad is in good shape and i really need help to get this unlock. I really would appreciate some help ( PLEASE )

iPad 2

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 10:24 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 10:31 AM

The people and web sites that claim they can unlock a device are generally scams. Apple won't unlock it without a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. See if she can find her ID and password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 10:31 AM in response to Kinggo1988

The people and web sites that claim they can unlock a device are generally scams. Apple won't unlock it without a copy of the original purchase receipt with the serial number on it. See if she can find her ID and password.

Apple ID - How to find your Apple         An iCloud e-mail address is an Apple ID.

Apple ID - Find

Enter the Apple (iCloud) ID and click Forgot Password.

Apple ID - Manage

Apple ID – Forgot Password

Apple ID and Password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.