You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Updating payment info or switching to a new Apple ID still wont let me update any apps

No matter what i do whether its updating payment info or switching to a new apple id it still wont let me update any apps and everytime i go to update i get hit with a payment verification notification and i try to update it but it just keeps reloading the same god **** notifications of verification of payment HOW DO I FIX THIS please

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 8:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 5, 2019 8:24 AM

The store requires a payment method that can be correctly charged to access the store services including downloading free apps and updating apps. If it stopped being verified for any reason (usually because it was unable to be charged for something), then it will require re-verification and will pop up the screen until its verified. If you have a pending purchase, it will need to be completed as part of the verification process.

If your payment method is getting declined, you'll need to contact your bank or credit card issuer to find out why.

Once the payment method has been correctly verified it can be removed, and it should not ask for it again.

See here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Note that for verification, Apple may place an authorization hold on it. This hold is reversed shortly after verification is completed.

See here: About payment card authorization holds from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 5, 2019 8:24 AM in response to Luciferluck

The store requires a payment method that can be correctly charged to access the store services including downloading free apps and updating apps. If it stopped being verified for any reason (usually because it was unable to be charged for something), then it will require re-verification and will pop up the screen until its verified. If you have a pending purchase, it will need to be completed as part of the verification process.

If your payment method is getting declined, you'll need to contact your bank or credit card issuer to find out why.

Once the payment method has been correctly verified it can be removed, and it should not ask for it again.

See here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Note that for verification, Apple may place an authorization hold on it. This hold is reversed shortly after verification is completed.

See here: About payment card authorization holds from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Aug 5, 2019 9:11 AM in response to big135

It means it tried to charge the card for the subscription, but failed.

The pending payment cannot be removed. As mentioned above, it needs to correctly complete and charge you. Once that happens and the card has been verified, you can then request a refund from the iTunes Store for it. Fill in the form here once the charge has gone through: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

Aug 5, 2019 12:24 PM in response to big135

1. This is a user to user forum. You are not addressing Apple employees. I am not an Employee. Just volunteer my team here to help out.
  2. The system is set up to now allow debt. You must complete the transaction. Why it charged you even if you cancelled is hard to say without any context. Do note that if you cancelled less than 24 hours before it was set to charge / renew, it would still charge you.
  3. If that was the case, you can contact iTunes Billing as said above to get it refunded. There's nothing difficult or wrong about that. Most online services work this way. Buying an android device will result in the same experience if you try to avoid paying something you were charged for.
  4. Next time make sure it is correctly cancelled before moving on.
  5. Threats are meaningless here. You want to get an android device, you can do so, and nobody is going to stop you.
  6. Contact Apple directly at iTunes Billing and work it out with them.

Aug 5, 2019 9:23 AM in response to Phil0124

I dont know why it tried to charge my card tho after i cancelled it on my phone in the first place and the fact that you tell me i HAVE too pay for it to get my app store working is scandalous and wild last apple device i get lmao but whatever man i understand youre just trynna do you job thanks for the help and trynna Finesse me have a good day

Updating payment info or switching to a new Apple ID still wont let me update any apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.