You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocking apple watch

i upgraded my iphone and the store unpaired my apple watch. my apple watch was set up to unlock when i unlocked my phone. Now i can not unlock my watch. How can i reset my watch if it is locked and not paired to my new phone??

Apple Watch

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 6:30 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Aug 1, 2019 6:56 PM

You can erase the Watch by signing into iCloud.com.

After signing in choose Find Phone, then choose your Watch from the pulldown menu.

Select Erase Watch and confirm it in the popup window.

Now you can setup your Watch as a new watch and pair it to your new iPhone.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Aug 1, 2019 6:56 PM in response to khleg

You can erase the Watch by signing into iCloud.com.

After signing in choose Find Phone, then choose your Watch from the pulldown menu.

Select Erase Watch and confirm it in the popup window.

Now you can setup your Watch as a new watch and pair it to your new iPhone.

ASC - Late 2012 Mac mini, macOS 10.14.6; Watch, series 3 cellular, watchOS 5.3; iPad Air 2 & iPhone 8+, iOS 12.4; TV 4th Gen, tvOS 12.4;  HomePods, audioOS 12.4 and Airport Express w/ Airplay 2

unlocking apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.