You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

motion 5.4 attractor z does not work?

Hi,

I am using Motion 5.4.3.

I am following the book Motion 5 Apple Pro Training Series by M. Spencer and ran into this problem in Chapter 3. We are supposed to use the behavior Attractor to make images on the canvas to fall into the canvas (negative z-direction). I did exactly what the book says, but those images just would not fall back in z-space. This is what I did:

1. Put all the images in a group called Photos.
  2. Create a different group called 3D, put a Rectangle (from the rectangle tool) in it.
  3. Set the position of the Rectangle to (0,0,-5000).
  4. Drag the Attractor behavior to the Rectangle.
  5. In the Inspector for the Rectangle, go to Behaviors pane, click the Z button, set Influence to 6000, set Strength to 200.

Nothing happened. So I set Affect to All Objects for Attractor in the Behaviors pane. Still, nothing happened. According to the book, the images are supposed to move back in z-space...

MacBook Pro 13", macOS 10.14

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 5:11 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 22, 2019 6:38 PM

Never mind. I found the problem and the solution. I should have made the group with the Rectangle in it a 3D group.

Similar questions

1 reply

motion 5.4 attractor z does not work?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.