You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes Match vs Apple Music

So, I finally decided to join a cloud-based music service, moving from a local-only library, for convenience.

Most of my library is old rips that would not be in the store, where I sometimes add new files locally, and also a fraction of it is iTunes purchases. I plan to be making both iTunes purchases and adding local files to it going forward.

Considering the above, it looks like Match is a better choice?

Would I be able to continue syncing/purchasing/saving iTunes purchases (non-Match) alongside the iCloud Music library with all the Match stuff?

Thanks

iPhone X, iOS 12

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 3:58 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Jul 21, 2019 4:27 PM

Using either service allows you to continue to make new purchases, rip content from CD, etc. Typically with iCloud Music Library enabled on your device you don't connect to sync content as anything you add to your library becomes immediately ready to stream or download to your devices. Apple Music is more expensive but allows you to borrow content from the iTunes Store for as long as your subscription remains active.

tt2

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Jul 21, 2019 4:27 PM in response to tohaklim

Using either service allows you to continue to make new purchases, rip content from CD, etc. Typically with iCloud Music Library enabled on your device you don't connect to sync content as anything you add to your library becomes immediately ready to stream or download to your devices. Apple Music is more expensive but allows you to borrow content from the iTunes Store for as long as your subscription remains active.

tt2

iTunes Match vs Apple Music

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.